The m52 Stage 1 Power Upgrade delivers phenomenal performance for the Mk7 Golf R with either manual or DSG transmissions.
Based on over a decade of tuning vehicles to pass OEM sign-off, the m52 Stage 1 offers the highest quality calibration, providing improved drivability, response and, of course, a substantial increase in both power and torque, all vigorously durability tested to provide peace of mind that reliability is maintained.
Power is increased to 360PS whilst torque is raised to 500Nm, which is enough to drop the 0-60mph sprint to a staggeringly quick 3.7secs (DSG with m52 TCU cal).
VW have created a fantastic platform, but it's only truly brought to life once the m52 Stage 1 calibration is installed. This is (easily) administered yourself via our mTune handset which, not only offers multiple calibrations, it also boasts enhanced vehicle functionality, can be used to monitor gauges via the OBD port, and also includes a performance meter as well.
A return-to-stock option is also included, together with a valet and anti-theft option too.
The m52 Stage 1 is available in two versions to fully exploit both manual and DSG transmissions. The DSG version also includes a fully optimised transmission calibration option (Mk7 only at this time). This is programmed into the TCU (transmission control unit) by the mTune handset, which then allows it to maintain higher torque levels through the revised clutch pressure optimisation. Shifts are faster, giving harder and quicker acceleration through the gears, whatever level of performance your car has.
Whilst not essential, it is recommended to achieve and maintain the quoted power figures under hard use, an aftermarket induction system should be used, like the m52 X3, for which the Stage 1 calibration has been fully optimised.
- Power increased to 360PS
- Torque increased to 500Nm
- Supplied as standard with Stage 1 calibration, return to stock, anti-theft and valet options
- Mk7 DSG version includes m52 TCU calibration fully optimised for DSG-equipped vehicles
- Enhanced launch control (DSG)
- Easy DIY installation
In the box:
- mTune handset complete with four calibrations; Stage 1, Stock, Valet, Anti-theft
- Gauge display (monitor OBD channels in gauge form)
- Performance measurements (0-60, 1/4 mile)
- Datalogger (10 hours max)
- Fault-code reader
- TCU calibration (Mk7 DSG models only)
- Zip-up case with mTune mount, OBD and USB cables